Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
IICRC Institute of Inspection cleaning and Restoration Certification Applied Microbial Remediation
Take precautions when managing mold.
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, thousands of fungi have been identified. Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms may cause health effects. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health effects for some people.
If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold.
- Strong musty odors, which may indicate mold is present.
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
- Excessive humidity.
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems. "Here to Help"
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (269) 925-6841
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Berrien County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Berrien County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Benton Harbor
- St. Joseph
- New Buffalo
- Berrien Springs
- Three Oaks
- Eau Claire
- Union Pier