Mold growth due to a hidden water line.
This SW Michigan school discovered extensive mold growth in a classroom, thanks to a leaking water line that went undetected. Businesses are always at risk for mold infestations, especially if they are remodeling older buildings that may need repairs. An environmental hygienist was called on to test the cabinets and atmosphere. Positive results resulted in a written protocol for cleanup.
SERVPRO of Berrien County worked around the clock to remediate the problem, so that classes could resume as quickly and seamlessly as possible. It is always our goal to get you back up and running right away.
If You See Visible Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Berrien County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Berrien County specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.